Supporting Students at Home
On Friday, March 13, 2020, Governor Wolf directed that all public schools close in response to the coronarvirus COVID-19 pandemic. Accordingly, all NYCSD schools will be closed Monday, March 16th until further notice.
These guides are designed to provide ideas for engaging students in learning activities while schools are closed. While the activity ideas listed do not represent the same level of instruction that occurs in our schools, they are intended to help keep our students intellectually active while they are at home. We will continue to update this pages as new ideas are shared. Many educational companies are providing free resources for families. Please click on your child's grade level to access the resources that have been shared by our teachers.
Other Free Resources:
- Scholastic: Learn at Home (K-3) Watch stories, read book, complete daily activities
- Storyline Online (preK-2) watch celebrities read aloud books
- The Reading League of PA - Parent Resources During Closure (Various Resources for Parents)
- Edutopia Article: Resources for Using iPads for grades K-2
- PBS Kids Daily: Resources, activities, and apps provided through PBS. Many ideas for play, crafts, and downloadable print materials.
- CoolMath4Kids: Online math games with addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions.
- Crayola At-Home Learning: Creativity guides and resources for families
These links are provided as additional resources.