Athletic Training Homepage
***All PIAA Paperwork MUST be handed in to the Athletic Trainers by the Friday BEFORE the season begins or you will NOT be able to participate in Practice OR Try-Outs on the first day of the season. If paperwork is brought in on the first day of the season, you WILL NOT be permitted to practice until the following day***
*** Sports Physicals MUST be completed on the PIAA Physical Form which can be found in the link below. Any Sports Physical not completed on the PIAA Physical Form WILL NOT be accepted***
***Sports Physicals MUST be completed AFTER June 1, 2020 to be eligible for the 2020-2021 School Year***
- Sports Physicals - Information and Forms
If you are unsure of what packet you need to fill out, please contact Mr. Russell at email@example.com . Due to the social distancing restrictions caused by COVID-19, Northern York does not currently have dates scheduled to conduct Sports Physicals for the 2020-2021 School Year this summer at the High School. Parents are encouraged to schedule Sports Physicals with family physicians or urgent care clinics AFTER JUNE 1, 2020 to be eligible for the 2020-2021 School Year!
- Please follow the Athletic Training Departments Twitter and Instagram accounts for updates as we get them.
- Physical Sign-ups
Summer All Sports Physical sign-ups for Northern High School and Northern Middle School. For this to work, every athlete will need to complete both steps
Step One: Complete the appropriate Sports Physical Packet form the Sports Physicals Page. Remember to BRING it with you to your physical.
Step Two: Sign up for a Physical date and time from this link: Physical Sign-ups
- Student Accident Insurance
This is a reminder to parents with a child or children attending school in our School District that we do not carry medical insurance on students, but provide parents with the opportunity to select a primary group insurance plan for students. If you wish to enroll your child in this group insurance, download the form below and return it to the address on the form.
- Concussions and Tramatic Brain Injury Protocol
Northern York Concussion Policy
- Additional Information:
- Doctor Visits - if your son/daughter becomes ill or injured and needs to see a doctor, you MUST turn in a script to the Athletic Training Staff that communicates when, or if, this athlete is cleared for continued sports participation. This documentation is in addition to anything needed for gym or the school office staff. For example, if your daughter is sick, the physician can write, “Suzie was seen by in my office today for a cold and is able to safely participate in sports starting 9/15/08.” If this documentation is NOT provided, your son/daughter will be withheld from sports participation until appropriate clearances are on file.
- Water Bottles - All athletes must bring their own, clearly labeled water bottles to all practices/games. Please be aware that there has been recent media attention to the potential unsafe use of old polycarbonate water bottles with the recycling number 7 on the bottom (Nalgene type bottles). It is recommended that you replace all old #7 polycarbonate water bottles with new BPA-free #7 water bottles. You are also encouraged you to use your bottles for water only (sugary drinks attract bees and become moldy in the sun) and wash them using MILD detergents and lukewarm water each day.
- Weight Room - Drayer Physical Therapy Institute has contracted with Northern High School to provide exercise physiologists who are Certified Strength and Conditioning Coaches to physically prepare your son/daughter for their sport season. The weight room is open to any NYCSD student in grades 7-12. Summer hours will be posted towards the end of the year. The weight room will be open after school, Monday – Friday until 5pm. Appropriate attire is required (i.e. t-shirt, shorts, sneakers. Ladies – please no thin strapped tank tops or short, tight shorts).
- Sports Physicals - Information and Forms
We are happy to assist you with the health and well being of your athlete.Please do not hesitate to contact us with any of your concerns.
Mr. Donnie Russell - Athletic Trainer
Ms. Nikki Singiser - Athletic Trainer
Mrs. Pam Wheat - Athletic Trainer
For more updates and information please follow us on Instagram and Twitter
Instagram - NYCSD_SportsMedicine
Twitter - NSportsMedicine
Mr. Gerry Schwille - Athletic Director
Ms. Heather Dugan - Athletic Administrative Assistant