Welcome to the Home of NHS STEM
Please use my Schoology course page to access course content. You can also read my regular Schoology message updates by clicking the envelope icon in the upper right corner of your Schoology window.
Welcome to Northern High School STEM
What is STEM? Great question! STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. STEM-related careers are in high demand both in Pennsylvania and throughout the United States. Some of our goals at NHS for our STEM program include providinging classes that:
- Help all students to think through logical progressions as they solve problems
- Help students effectively communicate their thought processes
- Help students work as an effective team member with their classmates
- Help students learn to persevere through difficult problems
- Allow students to explore possible careers in engineering and other technical fields
- Allow students to explore engineering and scientific topics more deeply
We are excited to continue offering Project Lead The Way (PLTW) classes at Northern High School for the 2019-201920 school year. PLTW is a high school program that introduces high school students to the engineering design process, careers in engineering and other related technical fields, and some of the topics that they will see in an engineering or engineering technology post-secondary program of study. Click below for additional information about PLTW (will open in new window)...