Last Updated: 04/14/2020
As the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) grows, NYCSD remains committed to providing all families, staff and students with timely and accurate information, resources and updates about the coronavirus and how it affects our community and school operations. Revisit this site often often as the situation is fluid. The District Administraiton will continue to utilize our various communication methods including email, phone calls, website alerts, and social media to shared relevant information as soon as decisions are made impacting our school community.
Record of communications to NYCSD Community:
The safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff is our utmost concern. We are in ongoing communication and consultation with the following organizations that are experts in emergency preparedness and crisis management. Valuable information is available at each site.
What can I do to help prevent the spread of illness?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Take flu antivirals if prescribed by your health care provider if you have the flu.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.